CooperVision named its inaugural class of 2015 Best Practices. The 10 thriving optometry practices are being recognized for elevating the profession and serving patients in visionary, innovative and even unexpected ways. CooperVision notes that they are leaders in optometry who go above and beyond to find ways to differentiate their practices and deliver exceptional care to their patients, even in the face of increasing competition.
The honorees are:
• Advanced Eye Care Professionals, P.C. – Oak Lawn, Ill.
• Coan Eye Care – Ocoee, Fla.
• Eola Eyes – Orlando, Fla.
• The Eye Doctors – Tampa, Fla.
• Family Eyecare of Roswell – Roswell, Ga.
• San Ramon Family Optometry, Inc. – San Ramon, Calif.
• Somers Eye Center – Somers, N.Y.
• VisionArts Eyecare Center – Fulton, Mo.
• Vision Health Institute – Orlando, Fla.
• Wilson Eye Center – Valdosta, Ga.
All U.S. optometry practices currently fitting contact lenses were eligible to submit themselves for consideration in Fall 2015. Candidates were evaluated and honorees were selected by a panel of judges including Dr. Jason Compton, Compton Eye Associates and a member of the AOA Contact Lens & Cornea Section Council; Dr. Alan Glazier, Shady Grove Eye and Vision; Dr. Andrew Sacco, Sacco Eye Group; Dr. Gary Orsborn, CooperVision’s Vice President, Global Professional and Clinical Affairs; and Dr. Michele Andrews, CooperVision’s Director of Professional Affairs, North America. Evaluation was based on insights and experiences shared about the practices’ innovation, patient experience and business culture.
In the months to come, the 2015 Best Practices will be broadly recognized and presented with opportunities to help educate and elevate the profession through the telling of their stories across the United States. CooperVision intends to make the Best Practices program an annual event. Read more about each of the 2015 winning practices.