Prevent Blindness is pleased to announce that Kira Baldonado has been named as its new vice president of public health and policy. Ms. Baldonado began her career with Prevent Blindness as the director of marketing and community services at the Ohio Affiliate of Prevent Blindness. She later joined the national office as the director of the National Center for Children’s Vision and Eye Health at Prevent Blindness. In her new role, she will oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s public health and policy agenda. For more information visit: https://www.preventblindness.org/kira-baldonado-appointed-vice-president-public-health-and-policy.
July 18, 2018, from 7:30am-3:30pm
at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
Morning Keynote Presentation
A Glimpse Into the Future: Artificial Intelligence & Eye Care
Lily Peng, Google AI Healthcare
Additional Presentations and Panels
• Improving Access through Telemedicine
• Promising Practices Emerging from NEI Partnerships
• Presentation of 50th Anniversary Recognition Award to the National Eye Institute
• Eyes on the Hill – A Congressional Perspective
• Advancing Eye Health in Native American Communities – Opportunities and Challenges
• Research on Vision Impact on Learning among Children
• National Eye Health Surveillance System
• Remarks from the 2018 Jenny Pomeroy Award for Excellence in Vision and Public Health
For details about the event and agenda, visit
Expected attendees include patient advocates, community-based organizations, national vision and eye health organizations, government agencies, and policymakers.
Follow the event on Twitter at #eyesummit.
Registration is free, but seating is limited. Register today!
Please contact Nita Patel Sinha, firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions about registration and sponsorship.